All members...
Review the following guide(s) to get you set up appropriately on our site. Particular areas of interest: Upload/select an avatar, and update your wow character info.

Thank you, :banana-linedance:, Click the "X" on the top right to close this window.

Hey friends; Good News

Discussion open to the public will take place here on, anything!

Moderators: Assistant Chief(s), Officer(s), Captain(s), Chief

Member(s)
Jeekstank
Pro Poster
Pro Poster

Hey friends; Good News

Post#1 » Sep 14th, 2017, 4:10 pm

Wall of Text Beware. Skip to the Colored text at the end for the good news.

tl;dr: Background as to why I left. My schedule is free to start playing more again. Will be working on my character for however long it takes and make it to every Sunday I can. Can't wait to see you all again.

Long time no talk. Hope all is well. Just wanted to say hi to all of my friends and to all the new people in SCH. Hope you guys have been having a good time in ToS. I wanted to give you guys a small update on where I'm at in my life for anyone that was wandering what was going on with my leave.

My girlfriend got in a bad accident a little over a year ago. She already had some depression issues, but this also left her with a minor TBI that affects her mood and behavior. She also has permanent arm and back pain, which sucks but considering how bad the accident was she kind of got lucky. Due to the TBI, she has changed emotionally. The way she processes events and her feelings have changed drastically to the point where she is almost an entirely different person. Regardless I still love her and we decided to move in together last Christmas of 2016. At this time, I was already deep into progression raiding and helping Geal with the melee on SCH and having more fun than I have ever had in a video game.

This next part I never really talked about to anyone, I don't even think I said anything to Geal or Drax. The job I was moving for fired me on the first day, because Ashley (my fiance) got very sick and I called out to care for her. This was an engineering job, so I told my self I wouldn't work again if it meant I wasn't doing another engineering job and Ashley said she would support me through that. Well, apparently those opportunities are rare, and I was taking a break from school so that I may work and settle into the new apartment. I was essentially not doing anything with myself other than raiding and helping with melee. I was unemployed for four months before everything came to a head.

As you can imagine, Supporting yourself and another on one income when you already have a whole list of problems of your own can be pretty tough. This was really taking a toll on Ashley's health, and our relationship. I was doing everything I felt I could on my end in terms of looking for work and taking care of my fiance, but raiding was honestly getting in the way if I wanted to take that extra step. Ashley had quit taking her medicine for almost a month before I found out, and her panic attacks became daily. It was clear that I had to step away from the schedule of the game in order to save our relationship. Within a week of me stepping down, I settled for a serving job working 40 hours a week to support me and Ashley, and with the freedom of being able to step away from distractions during the evening, we spent a lot of time making sure she was alright and that our relationship was healing. I even proposed to her on August 19 and she said yes!

She has since gotten much better, but the job I was working was restricting me from going back to the Monday-Wednesday Schedule. I even couldn't do Sundays. Maybe one of you recalls me coming back for a week or so back in July, that's because they flip flopped my availability and promised me those days off then took it right back.

Well, Good News.

I got a new job for a civil engineering company near my future school, and will have an open availability to raid with SCH should I get the proper gear and prove I can still do progression raiding. I have talked to my fiance a lot over the past few days and we have agreed that we are a much stronger unit and she is much healthier that me spending a few hours those nights won't be burdening her. I realize I have a lot to catching up to do if there is even room for me let alone another enhance on the roster (congrats Domzy) but I'm more motivated then ever to jump back in and do my best.

I'll see you all around!
"Never, Ever underestimate the importance of having fun."

- First picture that came up on google images

Chief
Roameo
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Re: Hey friends; Good News

Post#2 » Sep 14th, 2017, 4:16 pm

:mrgreen:
Chief of <Street Corner Horde>
  • Communication is paramount, but you must employ logic and reason.
  • "If you don't read the newspaper you're uninformed. If you do read it you're misinformed," Denzel Washington.
  • "If I offended you... You needed it!" Stone Sour.

Dieudefleche

Re: Hey friends; Good News

Post#3 » Sep 15th, 2017, 12:15 am

Jeek! I am so happy for you! I can't explain in words here how happy I feel for you! We've missed you, I'm glad we will be seeing you again =) , I get a feeling that you and mini will be great friends.

P.S it just hit me that you might already know mini and I'm just dumb... anyway.

Return to “|Public Hallway|”