All members...
Review the following guide(s) to get you set up appropriately on our site. Particular areas of interest: Upload/select an avatar, and update your wow character info.

Thank you, :banana-linedance:, Click the "X" on the top right to close this window.

[Douchebag|Roameo|Jan 30th, 2017, 6:28 am] Druid PvE Healer

An idiots guide of how not to apply to our guild.

Moderators: Assistant Chief(s), Officer(s), Captain(s), Chief

FNG
treehots

Druid PvE Healer

Post#1 » Aug 17th, 2016, 11:04 am

1) *Reminder* Use our "JOIN <SCH>!" link to the left to help guide you through this process. Do that by opening the link in a separate window or tab. :

2) Class? * : Druid
3) Role? * : PvE Healer
4) Battletag? * : beastmode#1982
5) Age? * : 32
6) Full stat priorities? * : Intellect>Spirit>Haste>mastery>crit before legion

Intellect>Spirit>Haste>crit>Mastery>Versatility

I also read of flipping versatility and mastery
7) WoWProgress Character Link. * : http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us ... e/Treehots
8) Your Warcraft Logs Percentile Rankings Link. * : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=hps
9) What do you do to prepare for raiding content? * : Research video's that i can find on youtube, MMO-champ, reddit, google the video im looking for in case there is another place i have not looked. Try and learn what my role is and how to execute it the best i can, aka resto druid POV..

Read up on my class, see what's new, what spells are best to use in certain situations.
10) What are your weaknesses? * : I think my worst habit was thinking i had harmony up sometimes and not realizing it was not up, especially with incoming high damage, sometimes, im so focused on keeping the tank up or certain individuals, depending on what is needed from me. On fights i know like a book, its not an issue, but sometimes forgetting about it, while in pressure healing situations was not performing the best that i should be.

That is something im working on to perfect better and maintain in legion
11) How do you get invited to a raid? *HINT* It's stated clearly in guild policy.*HINT* * : whisper leadership or whisper SCH to the raid lead
12) Leadership has just chewed you and/or the raid out as a whole for screwing up using expletives in a constructive manner. How do you react? * : Learn from my mistake and correct it, if need be, check logs on other's of the same class, and see how they adapted to the situation and what they did better.
13) How were you recruited or who recruited you? * : Draxtor posted on my forum, however, what made me decide to apply is i know karma in your guild and we still chat here and there, raided together once.
14) *In-Combat* screen shot. *UPLOAD* after (per given instructions) OR *LINK* one here now! : http://imgur.com/a/TUoZ1
15) Questions, comments, concerns, and/or feedback of overall application process? : App was straight to the point, and look forward to hearing from you.

16) Are you a part of our non-Progression Raiding Unit? (If this doesn't apply to you, then answer no.) * : No

17) Your reputation starts with the submission of this application. Review the following guidelines to concluding your application process with us. If you answer no to any of the questions below, then find your application denied. :
18) 1: Make sure the questions here are answered in the prescribed manor in which we’ve asked. Do you understand? * : Yes
19) 2: If you did not link a screen shot, be sure to upload one immediately after submission. Do you understand? * : Yes
20) http://www.speedtest.net/ | Give us a link to your speed test. * :
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5559582473
21) 3: Either check in on your application hourly or use the “notify me” guide as prescribed. We pride ourselves in having a less than a three hour response time to our applicant's. Do you understand? * : Yes

Member(s)
Tsuruchan
Pro Poster
Pro Poster

Re: Druid PvE Healer

Post#2 » Aug 17th, 2016, 12:23 pm

Thanks for applying! My name is Teachan and I'm the healing coordinator. I do have to run off for work but I will be going over your app in detail as soon as I get back tonight (around 6pm CST).

I apologize for the delay and I would try and answer at work but my phone's wifi is pretty garbage at work.
"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead." - Benjamin Franklin

FNG
treehots

Post#3 » Aug 17th, 2016, 1:01 pm

No worries, i been on break for quite awhile, awaiting legion anyhow, please take your time.

Assistant Chief(s)
Draxtor
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Post#4 » Aug 17th, 2016, 1:48 pm

Hello thanks for apping, I'm Draxtor the raid lead here at SCH.

While letting Chan get home to do a more in depth look at your application I just wanted to address a few of my concerns.

• You mentioned you just came back from a break, and you don't have any logs from healing in pre-patch. Are you familiar with your class changes so far, or are you still in the process of adjusting?
  • What would you say your stat priority is for Legion? I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and say you just put before Legion in the stat priority section, because Spirit no longer exists in Legion.
  • In your weaknesses you mentioned a little bit of tunneling on new fights in regards to Harmony. This is pretty standard, however you did say you were working to perfect and maintain it better in Legion. Are you aware that Harmony no longer exists in Legion?
  • Since you said this is primarily for Legion, how much research on Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold have you done? Is there any specific fight you could see a resto druid particularly shining in?
  • On your screenshot your UI is very bare bones from what I can see. Do you use a healing addon such as VuhDo?
Those are my primary questions/concerns for now. Again, thank you for applying and I look forward to hearing back from you.
Raid Leader of <SCH>

FNG
treehots

Post#5 » Aug 17th, 2016, 3:22 pm

I took a full break after the 3rd kill on arch. I generally like to do that, at the end of an expansion, sometimes, you just need a breather and come back nice and refreshed.

Stat priority for legion is: Intel>haste>Versatility=Mastery..I follow through a very in depth looked at talents and what has changed through restokin.com and also through mmo-champ on the druid forums, so there has not been tons of changes done overall. Mastery has changed to increasing healing to all spells..Source is here http://www.restokin.com/resto-druid-hea ... ng-part-2/

The only type of research im able to view is the beta fights through youtube, since i did not get beta access, not much i can do about that, im not to concerned about adapting, nothing new to me, every new expansion, you need to have an idea of what's going on, either via videos you can find or the dungeon/raid journal to be aware of what is needed and what to avoid.

Without going back through video after video, the one fight i think that stands out the most to me is ursoc, there is tons of aoe damage i have watched going out, between hots and tranq, that's def 1 fight i can see us shining in.

Screenshot shows a healing bar, a single one, not in a raid, but i use vuhdo, and use wa for everything.

Last thing, no i have not tested out healing since some of the changes as of yet, Im aware lfr/lfd is probably not the best thing for testing either, since we don't have artifact access yet, you can't really fully test out the build anyhow, imo.

I did a couple things quests and invasion, just to see what's going on, im enjoying playing in resto, while just flipping to boomy and using those skills as well. My goal always has been, to level to max, gear up and get fully focused on the upcoming raids, i feel it's beneficial to get all your gearing out of the way and look up as much data and watch as many videos as possible to be fully ready for legion. Im not one that expects the raidlead to hold my hand, i need to know, what i need to do and follow my assignment to a tee.

Thanks..
Tree

Assistant Chief(s)
Draxtor
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Post#6 » Aug 17th, 2016, 3:28 pm

treehots wrote:I generally like to do that, at the end of an expansion, sometimes, you just need a breather and come back nice and refreshed.

To be honest this is a red flag for me. Dipping on a guild is never a good practice. Do you expect them to hold you a spot? Do you expect them to allow you back in even if the spot you left has been filled? Quitting at the end of an expansion, especially one that has mounts your guildies can get, is something I generally do not agree with.

That being said, I'd like to hear what Chan says.
Raid Leader of <SCH>

FNG
treehots

Post#7 » Aug 17th, 2016, 4:28 pm

Considering i was not in a guild, there was no one to dip out too, last actual guild i was in was consequence, after that i trialed with a couple, 1 i did not like, and 2nd one was when i decided just to take a break. I mean, many people take breaks after a tier, i have lot's of real id people that were not on for months after they cleared mythic, but since i had no commitment to anyone, i was not letting anyone down. Thanks

Assistant Chief(s)
Draxtor
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Post#8 » Aug 17th, 2016, 4:39 pm

I wasnt necessarily saying you did that this xpac, I was going with you saying its a general thing that you do. Seeing as this is an application for a guild to raid with, preferably long term, I have to take into account the fact you said you tend to quit at the end of expansions.

But the hostile tone has been noted.
Raid Leader of <SCH>

FNG
treehots

Post#9 » Aug 17th, 2016, 5:17 pm

Thanks for your time, im gonna go ahead and pull my app.. I was anything but hostel, you came off basically telling me im some guild hopper, without even knowing the story or who i even am, then you tell me my response is hostel? Really?

I was just letting you know the situation, obviously, you decided you know me and made a judgment that i was some guild hopper..Anyhow, judging by your responses and your tone, im not interested, best of luck finding someone that will let you talk down to them, im not one that will..Good luck next expansion!

Assistant Chief(s)
Draxtor
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Post#10 » Aug 17th, 2016, 7:27 pm

The dude obviously is self conscious about his guild history if he gets THAT defensive. Lol
Raid Leader of <SCH>

Member(s)
Tsuruchan
Pro Poster
Pro Poster

Post#11 » Aug 17th, 2016, 7:51 pm

This sums up my feelings on this app.
"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “|Douchebag(s)|”